20 Must See Movies For Kids
Don’t get me wrong here, I still propagate to reduce the television time but it’s not an evil, some things that kids watch can help them learn good values and skills in life. You just need to ensure that you filter what they get to watch and that’s how we thought of coming up with a list to make your task easy. Sharing with you Top 20 must see movies for kids;
- The most beautiful kid’s movie of 2015 was Inside Out for me. The story revolves around a young girl and the conflicting emotions in her head. My kids absolutely loved it.
2. One movie that teaches you about friendship, helping others, of learning through failures and never giving up, in a message which is not preachy but super fun to watch, was Zootopia for me. We remember standing and clapping at the end of the movie. No animation movie has ever moved me or my kids so much.
3. The Incredibles (2004) – This superhero movie is more than just action. It shows the importance of family and how you should always stick together.
4. Swiss Family Robinson (1960)- this movie is about a family which get shipwrecked on a deserted island and build themselves a tree house.
5. Mary Poppins (1964)- It’s a story of a father with two mischievous kids and an angelic nanny who takes great care of them, making everyone happy.
6. Kung Fu Panda (2008)- This movie focuses on believing in yourself and fighting for your dreams, like the Panda in it.
7. The Parent Trap (1961)-This movie’s a classic. It has a pair of twins who discover each other at a camp and eventually reunite their divorced parents.
8. The Love Bug (1968) – it’s about a retired old race car driver and how he discovers something magical in his new car.
9. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) –It is a very exciting movie in which the kids are shrunk and sent to an adventure through their backyard.
10. The Muppet Movie (1979) –this was a timeless classic story of a frog and a bear, a must watch for all the kids.
11. Flight of the Navigator (1986) –This is a very exciting movie about a child who gets kidnapped by aliens and the returned to earth with no memory of the past.
12. How to Train your Dragon (2010) – this movie about a boy who befriends a deadly dragon is a must watch for kids.
13. Taare Zameen Par (2007) – This movie is about a child suffering from dyslexia. Its shows that every child is special and has a unique talent that needs to be nurtured.
14. Stanley Ka Dabba (2011) – This movie will teach your kid about the joy of sharing and the spirit of friendship through a child named as Stanley.
15. The Blue Umbrella (2005) –This movie is a classic about a young girl who has a pretty blue umbrella. It teaches us the importance of forgiveness.
16. Iqbal 2005() – This is a very inspiring story of a deaf and dumb boy who dreams of being a cricketer and after a lot of struggle makes it happen.
17. Koi Mil Gaya (2003) – This is an adorable movie of a mentally challenged boy who befriends an alien and the alien “Jaadu” makes his life better.
18. Haathi Mera Saathi (1971) – This was the first movie my dad took us to watch in a theater so will always remain a favourite. This movie depicts the beautiful relationship between animals and humans through a boy and an elephant.
19. Anjali (1990) –this is a movie of a pretty girl born with a mental disability and her reunion with her mother who thought the girl was dead.
20. Jajantaram Mamantaram (2003) –inspired by the Gulliver’s travels, this movie is like a roller coaster ride which the kids will love.
Hope we have made your task a little easier. Have something to add to this list? Let us know and we might add it to the list giving you credit in the blog :).