10 Things That Make Me Happy
They say think happy, stay happy!
However, we all go through bouts where we do not know what hit us. If there is one thing that goes right, there might be ten that go wrong.
Haven’t you wondered this quite often? I have my bouts too and while they occur rarely I can also go into phases of self-doubt. This is when I indulge in things that make me happy or remember my happy moments and that’s what helps me out of these phases. Here are ten keys to my happiness.
- Having fun and staying happy and if anything bothers me much, I don’t stop till I can find a solution. Basically, I like being bullishly optimistic. I hope you get the wind here.
- Being loved: While I can cut negativity away from life. I love being surrounded by positive people who support me and love me for what I am. I love my family and my friends passionately in return.
- Travelling and enjoying experiences that come along. Nothing opens your horizons more than travelling. The world is huge though and I am still on my journey. I think over the years travelling has transformed me. Travelling just lifts my spirits up.
- Writing. When I took to writing I had no idea I could write as much. I had no idea how creative I was or how it was going to one day become my profession. As I wrote, not only did I reach my readers who related to me and connected, it healed me also. When I write about my issues, at times anonymously, it helps get over my bad moods.
- Staying fit. Be it running, yoga or gym. Exercise releases endorphins and I know the difference in my moods when I workout and the days I don’t. When I crack a certain fitness/yoga pose or when I see I have improved. It gives me a sense of achievement like no other.
- Watching movies. Yes, a good chic flic and fun movie can really uplift my spirit. Basically, takes me away from reality and to a fantasy world.
- Seeing my kids doing well and being happy. No matter what I say or do, when you see your kids happy, well grounded and doing well there is a certain calm and pride you feel in your heart. Nothing beats that for me.
- When I can spend some alone time with my hubby. It’s becoming increasingly rare and it’s precious. Both of us are busy and when we get time alone we try and spend some ‘me time’ and at other times we talk of kids and issues related to home when all I am craving is some moments with just the two of us. There are times when I feel like giving up but then at those times, I remind myself of the happy times we have spent together and the journey we have taken and how he has let me do things that I believed in. This makes me plunge back and appreciate him and try a little harder to find time for him.
- When I can make a positive difference in someone’s life. Simple things like when a friend picks up fitness with my motivation or when I can do some social good. I feel when you can help someone your soul gets uplifted.
- Just taking a break at times from my daily life and not doing anything. Spending that ‘me time’ to cut off from the world and not feel like a part of some rat race helps me put things in perspective. When I go on treks I feel like a different person, the world stops and moves around slowly again and I literally connect with nature. Something that I miss in my busy city life.
It’s not about a situation, it’s about what you make of it. Unlike what you think others may not be sailing through life as well, neither am I. However, I believe in being happy and staying happy. Loving myself and every now and then indulging in myself. These are ten things that make me happy, what are yours? Would love to hear from you. You can just read mine here and reflect on yours and maybe make a note and keep going back to them when you feel down.
Will end with this video. Remember to indulge in some self-love.