51 Activities To Do With Pre-schoolers
Are you looking forward for some fun activities to do with pre-schoolers so that you can help them grow better, smarter and keep them engaged?
Here we bring you some of the activities to organize:
51 Activities to do with pre-schoolers
- Create a Bubble Painting: For this idea, make your kid paint a bubble sheet and then draw paintings on cardboard or a t – shirt.
- Craft a Story Together: Help your child to craft a story through imaginations.
- Create a Marble Painting: Help your preschooler to create paintings on a metal box or a shoe box with marbles and poster paint.
- Cook Together: Cooking offers many choices from baking to teaching how to butter a slice of bread and cut or peal a fruit without knife. Be ready for the mess but happy faces.
- Draw Pictures on the Walls: Give your kids some coloured but washable chalks and let them draw their imaginations on the wall. Kids love this one :)!
- Family Tree: Help them making a family tree on a sheet of paper or on a computer using templates and let them go back to as many generations as possible.
- Leaf Hunt: Pick an outdoor green area and collect leaves, fill them up in different containers and hand over to your kids and ask them to match the leaves they have with those which are growing on the plants.
- Travel Alphabet: Play the game while you are travelling, especially long trips. Ask your kids to spot the letters that you give them and then the kid who spots the maximum of these wins. You can play several rounds of these.
- Car Racing Track: Use a colored tape to make roads on the floor along with signals and stop signs and some special zones for the parking.
- Hand made stuffs: Ask them to draw on a plain muslin cloth and colour with fabric pens and then you can bring their creation to life by cutting and making handmade stuffies of these.
- Swimming games: Take them swimming and play find the coin by placing a coin in the bottom of the pool or just throw the ball game is fun too.
- Room Cleaning Race: Get a timer for this activity, sit back and let your kid do the work. Give them small cleaning challenges Reward later for all the hard work.
- Bowling Track: Use a wooden board on a flat surface. For bowling pins, use pencil erasers or fat crayon stubs and marble or a ping pong ball for the bowling ball. Keep scoring and have fun.
- Hold a Car Wash: A perfect way to cool off on a hot day. Just park the car in the drive way and let your kids give it a good scrub with water and sponges.
- Life Size Selfie: Making a life size portrait is a beautiful way to express. It helps kids to explore who they are and what they would like to become. Activities to do with pre-schoolers
16. My Turn, My Task: Divide groups in tow or more teams and start a relay game by keeping things ready on a table and dividing them amongst the players.
17. Spinning Top: Take your kids down to 90’s and let them play with spinning tops which are popularly known as ‘Lattu’ then.
18. Picnic: Take your kids to a picnic and enjoy fun activities outdoor.
19. Play UNO: UNO is one of the most famous card game which is played by people of all ages. Help your kids with the rules and teach them how to play.
20. Fly a Kite: A traditional Indian game which is liked by all. Help your kids in learning how to fly a kite.
21. DIY Paper Bracelet: It is a 2 for 1 activity because it involves painting poppy abstract shapes with watercolours and then cut it into strips and fold them in to wearable bracelet.
22. DIY Tie – Dye Art: Transform the salad spinner in the carnival style spin art machine. Fill the squeeze bottles with washable paint.
23. Window Art: Give your kids some coloured transparent sheets and let them cut different shapes and stick them to the wall.
24. Foam Paint: The 3 ingredient recipe is both art and science. Use paintable foam which hardens overnight into puffed master pieces.
25. Musical Chair: The best game to play with a group. Do not forget to reward. Best game to improve the listening skill and discern between sound and silence.
26. Sock Puppets Show: Let your kids make hand puppets with socks and put up a show with other kids.
27. Information Game: Preschoolers must know few basic personal information when heading into preschool. Help them learn full names, address and contact numbers. Use small cards and ask your kid to arrange it.
28. Notice Seasons: Share details of the seasons with your kids as it is an important subject.
29.Sensory Toys: It is an important and a messy learning technique. Use Play Doh for the help.
30. Grocery Shopping: Take your kids out for grocery shopping and teach them about various names of fruits and vegetables.
31. Funny Face Flip Book: DIY Funny Face Flip Book is not only fun to put together but it keeps kids creatively entertained for an entire afternoon. Use markers for sketching and clip the cards.
32. Plan a treasure hunt: Go the old fashioned way. Hide goodies in different corners of the house. Give them clues when they reach a particular point to reach to the next.
33. Fireworks in a Glass: Use food colouring, olive oil and water mix to create a mesmerising result.
34. Gardening: Teach your kids about soil, water and plants and help them plant more trees and seeds.
35. Play Hide and Seek: In this idea, hide an object and give instructions to the kids to lead them to the hidden object.
36. Freeze Dance: Play the music, ask your kids to dance. Stop the music and let your kids freeze with funny faces and fun poses.
37. Indoor Obstacle Course: Push your furniture aside and practice motor skills like running, jumping and hopping without breaking anything.
38. Scavenger Hunt: Use patterns, colours and letters and hunt around the house.
39. Yoga for Kids: A perfect activity to increase their stamina, concentration and growth.
40. Ice Cube Sorting and Pattern Making: Mix art, math and fine motor skills. Watch this video to know more.
41. Playdough: Playing with Playdough your preschooler will learn to use their imagination and have an open-ended playtime.
42. Collage: Provide few items and let your kid arrange and re arrange to make a collage.
43. Music: Fix a time of the day and play music to which you and your kids can dance to. It’s great exercise and bonding.
44. Build a House of Cups: Help kids in making a house with the help of paper cups.
45. Go on a Walking Tour of the City: Take a tour of the city and help your kid learn the names of the areas and also the famous places.
46. Do a Puzzle: Play puzzle games like jigsaw puzzles to enable your kids gain fine motor skills. Puzzle games teaches patience. Use puzzle games having pegs to make it easy for little hands to use.
47. Crunch Snack: A delicious snack which you can make with your kids and always leave it out in various occasions. For example, you can prepare a reindeer crunch snack for Christmas Eve’s.
48. Drive a Train: Enjoy a rail ride in your city’s park for an outing with your kid. You can also visit National Rail Museum in Chanakyapuri in Delhi where a train ride around the place will serve as a cherry on the cake.
49. Spark Creativity: Hang out with your little ones to see, touch and understand the wider world of handicrafts, our country prides in. You can visit The Handicrafts Museum in Delhi, Delhi Haat or Chaukidhani in Mumbai to see and experience the impressive culture, embroidery, weaving and pottery.
50. Learn Phonics Basics: It is one of the most wonderful gifts you can give to your kids. Getting informed about the basics of phonics will prepare your kids for reading readiness and spelling.
51. Try Science Experiments: You might get visions of a chemistry lab while talking about a science experiment and the explosions related to it but now you need not fear of it. Try the basic volcano experiment. Your preschoolers can enjoy simple science experiments that don’t require much of an effort yet are jam packed with fun learning opportunities.
Hope this list has given you many ideas to keep them busy. Use these ideas and watch your kids grow smart and sharp.