Global Warming for Kids: How to Explain Climate Change to Children
Global Warming is a burning issue in today’s scenario and its fierce impact is engulfing the whole planet, earth, disrupting the ecosystem and biodiversity of the planet. The impact is high and volatile in human, plant and animal life. The reasons are many; deforestation, melting of glaciers, drying water bodies, water, and air pollution, burning up of fossils, overuse of electricity and electrical equipment etc.
Who is responsible for Global Warming?
Nature had empowered the planet Earth with all the rich resources, land, waters, minerals, flora and fauna in abundance maintaining the ecosystem of the planet. The human being interfered with the complexities of nature adding fury to the life thriving on the earth. It is a direct threat to life on the earth and the after-effects of global warming are scary and harmful to the general health of all lives existing on earth.
It is quite essential to teach the kids about global warming, the causes and the ways to combat global warming so that the effect of global warming minimizes by changing the lifestyle and preservation of forests and green patch.
How to Explain to Kids:
- Visual effects work more on the minds of children and they learn fast by visualization trick. YouTube is the best method to teach them by creating different slides of the importance of forests, flora, and fauna on earth and how it balances the ecosystem of the planet. A whole procedure of water-cycle and life-cycle should be taught to them by visual slides and how human mind and his experiments are creating furore in nature giving rise to high temperatures, incessant rainfall, and floods, melting of glaciers, rising of sea-level, emission of carbon-dioxide in the air and low absorption of CO2 in the atmosphere. The harmful effects of global warming and the ways to tackle the issue. This chapter should be included in the syllabus and detailed in each class to create awareness among kids and the initiation of each kid will help to fight against this epidemic, global warming.
- Minimize use of energy by teaching them to switch off all types of equipment before leaving the room, home or school.
- Using bikes instead of public and private transport, it will result in the dual positive result; lowering poisonous emissions in the atmosphere and cycling improves bone and muscle health.
- Encourage to plant trees and plants and take care to maintain greenery around.
- Use of daily wastage to transform into bio-manure and to use profusely for plants.
- Using of woollens to fight cold instead of using heaters and to open windows in summers to breathe in fresh air reducing the use of air-conditioner.
- Save water by minimizing the use and conserve rainwater for use in summers and recycle rainwater to irrigate fields.
- Minimizing the use of plastics and adopting bio-degradable articles to save the planet from waste pollution.
- Avoiding throwing wastes in rivers.
- Make use of Air Purifiers.
If each and every single human being supports and adopts these simple steps in their lifestyle, it will be a great hope to tackle issues of global warming. One drop of water adds volume to water bodies and slow and regular progression of these activities will change the face of the earth.
Schools, parents, peers and social movement can bring about a revolution in the minds of young and make them realize that these few steps of conservation will illustrate their future prospects and once again, the planet earth will revive its glory and ecosystem will be balanced.
Hope you all liked this post, do share with us your views and suggestions in the comments box below. Stay Healthy, stay fit, and don’t forget to keep spreading the #MaaGyan.