- The vaginal discharge increases caused by high levels of estrogen and progesterone and this can lead to infections.
- The vaginal swelling becomes larger
- Pregnancy hormones cause acidic changes in the vaginal area. You need to use an intimate wash which can help you maintain the PH balance.
- Also, after delivery, the vagina might be swollen and bruised. So it may hurt to even urinate.
New moms and breastfeeding moms need to take special care of their intimate area. Here are some tips;
- Keep your vaginal area clean. Use Intimate wash to wash this area.
- Wipe from front to back with intimate wipes to keep this area dry.
- Wear looser clothing or underwear.
- Eat yoghurt regularly.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Drink lots of liquid.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and get regular exercise.
Himalaya FOR MOMS Intimate range has been developed for new moms, especially keeping this in mind.
Himalaya Intimate Range Review- Intimate Wash
The intimate area needs a specially formulated wash as water has neutral PH and soap can be harsh on the skin. Himalaya FOR MOMS intimate wash maintains the vaginal PH balance between 3.5-4.5 and your intimate area smells fresh through the day. Its enriched with Tea Tree Oil that helps relieve itching and irritation and Pongamia oil helps prevent odour due to its antifungal property.
Packaging: It comes with a standard rectangular paper carton packaging. The bottle is tightly sealed with a green flip top cap to prevent any leakages.
Experience: The wash has a mild and fresh floral fragrance to it. It is also gentle in the intimate area. The skin does not feel dry after using it.
200 ml – Rs. 205
100 ml – Rs. 116
Why we liked it?
- The Pongamia oil has anti-fungal properties.
- The tea tree oil in it prevents itching.
- It is extra-mild and safe.
- It comes with a soft fragrance.
- It maintains the vaginal PH between 3.5-4.5 which is ideal
- This prevents itching.
- Reasonably priced.
Himalaya Intimate Range Review- Intimate Wipes
Himalaya FOR MOMS intimate wipes are also on the same lines as Himalaya intimate wash but in wipe form, they are a travel-friendly option. They are safe and gentle to our private parts.
Wipe your vaginal area from front to back only to avoid abrasion in your intimate area.
Why we liked them?
- This makes for a good travel pack as they can be used and disposed of. They can also be easily carried in your handbag or backpack. Plus they do not need water to clean with.
- They are alcohol-free, unlike most wet wipes.
- They are enriched with Lavender Oil and have a mild fragrance to remove odour.
- They also have Pongamia Oil and Tea Tree Oil to prevent itching and dryness.
- They are extra-mild and safe.
- They come with a soft fragrance.
They come in a pack of 25 wipes and the pack is sealed to retain moisture.
10s pack – Rs. 47
12s pack – Rs. 104
I found both these products to be very unique as I have never seen a product for intimate care being made keeping in mind a pregnant woman or a new mom. In fact, how many pregnant women and new moms are even aware that their vaginal area needs special care? Were you aware of this? Have an opinion? Do share, we would love to listen to your opinion.
disclaimer: While this is a sponsored post all the opinions and findings are my own.
Thanks for this post…I was aware of the intimate wash but not the wipes…this is something really unique and much needed thing for every women..
Mrinal Kiran says
Never heard of any brand making specific intimate Products for moms.. this is really great!
Nisha Malik says
Himalaya covers personal care but was lacking at the intimate care. Glad that the range has been launched now. Thanks for the review
Intimate wipes by Himalaya, Wow… I had an idea about the intimate wash but this is great that they have launched the wipes as well.
Thanks for this intimate range by Himalaya’s, definitely a requirement of every women!
Deepika Verma says
Himalaya products are always very promising… Will definitely try these
Papri Ganguly says
These products sound promising. These are must have for women’s hygiene.
Riyanka Upadhayay says
Intimate wash for moms really that was not known to me. Thank you to sharing with us.
Minakshi Bajpai says
I am aware of intimate wash, but wasn’t aware of the wipes. Thanks for sharing. This would really help when we are out. I am definitely getting this.
GST Refunds Delhi says
Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.