Every change, every day, every little step that you take makes a difference.
In very Bollywood style, when you really wish for something, the whole environment around helps to make it true for you.
We have all heard about the book Secret and some of us swear by it. It makes you think about the power of belief and trust me to try it sometime. It does work!
While honestly, I had not thought of creating a bucket list for myself I did have a few things in mind which I have been ticking off over the years. This list keeps updating every year and trusts me it’s this list that keeps me going. If it’s in your mind and penned, it usually ends up happening.
If you are like me and the charm of discovering new places and experiencing new things excites you then let’s get started on this bucket list.
- Make a list but don’t limit it. I believe that bucket lists should not be created age wise. So stuff like 30 things to do before you are 30 is not the lists that I would suggest because they put pressure on you to finish a long list of tasks in a limited span of time which I feel might end up upsetting you more than making you happy.
- Look For Inspiration: Sometimes when you sit down to make the bucket list you might not come up with enough good ideas but look around for inspiration. See what others are doing, read and jot down what appeals to you. Remember just because someone else did it, it shouldn’t be on yours. This is not a competition, this is a happy list.
- Dream big but be realistic- Sometimes when you dream unrealistic the chances are they may never happen but that shouldn’t make you upset in the future. I, however, believe that I can turn my life around with my dreams.
- Don’t make everything about travel! While it will be the first thought that will come to your mind if you start thinking about a bucket list it can’t be the only thing. The biggest life achievement can’t be around travel.
- Work towards it! If it’s on your bucket list it is not going to be easy or it would not have been on it. So work towards it. It can be a fitness goal which can take a few years to achieve or it could be travel to an exotic destination for which you need to save a lot of money.
My list is simple yet requires a lot of work.
- Write a Book and win an award for it.
- Learn swimming.
- Visit Antartica.
- Run A full marathon and then maybe an ultramarathon.
- Do a cartwheel.
- Run a successful business.
- Speak at a TED Talk.
- Be invited to speak at the UN.
- Settle down in a beautiful countryside home on a hill and have my own organic farm.
Sangeeta G says
I keep adding items to my list. Its like an inspiration board motivating me to do more things and live life to the fullest.
Ditto on 1, 2, 4, 7 and 10 🙂
I’ve already done sky diving but would LOVE to do it again. And again. And again.
Prerna Sinha says
You have inspired me.
Ruchi Verma says
You know your first point is mine… I made a list and it’s long long long…no limits ..love to dream and try to make them true.. Lovely article I loved reading it !!
Jhilmil D Saha says
This is such a nice read, I would say quite inspirational actually. Truly its not only travel it can be something very simple too.
Loved reading it and it’s truly inspirational. I have few similar things on my bucket list and yes it’s not always about travel.
Minakshi Bajpai says
You know I used to have a life bucket list and I used to write it in my favorite diary. True that you need so many things to make your dreams come true.
Monika Sehdev says
I absolutely loved this beautiful shared above.
Truely inspired by your ” Life bucket list “
ashish rajpal says
thank you so much for telling about the life of travelling now i am always traveling
Priyanka Patwari says
True we have to create the magic.. I am ready to prepare my list.. Swimming is in the first option always