1 cup rice flour
1 cup water
1 cup jaggery (powdered)
1 cup fresh coconut (grated)
2 large table spoons Ghee
Salt to taste
- In a pan add 2 large table spoons of ghee. Heat it. Add jaggery and mix it well, till all lumps disappear.
- Add grated coconut and elaichi powder and stir in.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- In another pan, boil water and add rice flour, a teaspoon of oil, some salt and stir well (dough consistency).
- Knead the dough well and roll into small circular discs.
- Stuff the filling and cover it like momos.
- Steam the sweet momos for 15-20 minutes. Tasty steamed modaks ready to serve. Savor the delicious steamed modaks with ghee.