The Best DIY for This Season: Infinity Scarf
Brace yourself, winter is coming! And that too, in full swing. In all honesty, fall and Winter are those seasons in which dressing up is probably the most fun part. Speaking of dressing up, the current season has it’s own category of clothing items too. You can pull off almost everything, with the right accessories.
But what is the most functional and versatile accessory for this and the upcoming season? The answer is Scarves. In fact, the beauty of scarves is that be it any season, they can really upgrade your look. Strong colors, bold prints and even plain scarves cradled around one’s neck really create a good fashion statement.
So in case you are one of those individuals who has never really been interested in scarves or has been highly disappointed by what the market offers, we bring you the absolutely must-try, and easiest DIY tutorial for an infinity Scarf.
Now to start off, infinity scarves are those loop-hole scarves which ideally cover your whole neck, like a piece of jewelry. During fall and winter, they not only look stylish but are a great source of warmth as well. And keeping it’s necessity in mind, this tutorial was designed to cater your needs and yes, you will get the hold of this tutorial rather easily. So without wasting any further time, Do-for-yourself an Easy, Cozy Infinity Scarf.
1 yard of fabric ( Depending on your choice completely)
A Sewing Machine
Thread, Needles and Scissors
and some time on your hands
- To begin with, you can take up any type of fabric. It can be knitted, stretchy or any other kind. The whole procedure will remain the same for any type of cloth. So, Begin with taking the fabric of your choice and cutting it in 60 inch x 30 inch dimensions.
- Fold the right sides of the cut fabric together and pin along the longer edge. The raw side of the fabric should be facing out.
- Now here comes the most important part. In case you are a beginner, and you are intimidated by the sewing process, then let me remind you that Sewing is an easy job. Even if you are a beginner or have no knowledge of how it works, you will get the hang of it. All you require is a good basic sewing machine under $100 and some focus.
Coming back to the scarf, after pinning along the longer edge, you will then sew the pinned edge together and then flip the fabric right side out.
- Next, Pin the two openings of the tube right sides together. Make sure you match up the seams. Once you’ve pinned as far as you can, sew that part with your sewing machine.
- Hand stitch the last opening and tie a knot on each end to secure the stitch.
And that’s about it! Your infinity scarf ready in minutes. Not only this, you can get seriously experimental by playing with different colors and patterns. Plus, with the help of some basic stitching techniques, you can add in pleads to your scarf and make it look even more glamorous!