Yes,I can feel the smirks from some highly intellectual people at the title.Fine ,nevertheless,I have learned to take these things in my stride.Whether or no you believe there is a technique to shopping,and you can shop and get good deals without it also but if you pick up a few things from here you can be a pro.Firstly,I would like to clarify that End of Season sales(EOSS) happen twice a year .In India typically by Mid-end January and end June-Mid July.They happen ,because the stores need to bring in new styles up to date with current trends and fashion,for this they need to clear space ,move out old stock and reduce inventory.You may debate however a new stock was just added before the sales to the store and then discounted. Over the years ,with study brands/companies realised that their walk-ins ,top line and targets all can be achieved during the sales period and that their old stock may not be able to meet the demand.So in some cases they actually produce stock specially for sale.Sounds crazy right?So my first point reinforces my second point ,that is,the sales are genuine!As most of us think that the price tags are inflated and then discounted is not true at all.After all the barcodes are put on the garments at the time of manufacture and the numbers are crunched into an SAP system or whatever is followed by a company.Now to think ,that a retailer will go and change the barcode of all the lakhs of garments distributed all over the country, just before a sale is rather impossible.Also consumer today is aware prices ,a style has been hanging on the store for an entire season then how can you suddenly change the price?So it doesn’t happen,pricing is genuine and so are sales.Garments have in-built markups in their costings to discount,so neither is the retailer making losses.So now for some tips on how to make most of a flash sale;
- Almost all malls that have a flash sale inform a day prior.Plan based on their listing ,as to which brand you want to shop from. Prioritise,where you want to go first ,will save a huge amount of time on the main day.
- Use the opportunity and go a day in advance ,identify what you like,try them out to avoid standing in line the next day when it is crowded.Make a list of things that you would pick and if you can convince the sales staff maybe they will keep it aside for you to just go and pick it up the next day.
- This way you will avoid trials and save a huge amount of time on the crazy ‘flash sale day’. Even if they don’t going by your list will save you time.Or alternatively you can click pics on your smart phone.
- Reach the mall early as possible ,most of these malls open by 8 am,though most stores will only open by 9 or 10 am.It’s best to ask the store prior..Just pick you bag and bill and you would have finished before the crowd hit.
- Also some deals are added last minute ,so it’s worth checking on the day of the sale.Once you have finished your major billing you will have time for that.
- Finish billing in big stores first because the crowd goes crazy,then hit the small stores ,try and finish before 11 am and you would have had a smooth shopping experience.
There,some ‘gyan’ dispersed,hope you enjoy your shopping!!Tadaa!!!!