A healthy and filling pasta recipe cooked from the famous Bolognese sauce. With added lentils and quinoa, it gives a meaty texture while remaining vegan to the core.
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 spring onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 500 grams flour
- 200 ml water
- Pour flour and water into your Noodle and Pasta Maker.
- Extrude pasta as per your choice.
- In a saucepan, add carrots and lentils with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, cover and cook until the carrots are tender and the lentils are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in the pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until they become translucent. Add the red peppers and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- To a blender or food processor, add the can of tomatoes, the sautéed vegetables, and garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, and spinach. Once the lentils have cooked, remove the carrots and add them to the blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- In the pan where you sautéed the vegetables, add the lentils, vinegar, and quinoa. Add the tomato mixture and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cooked vegetables in a pan.
- Add water, salt, seasoning and stir until smooth.