GOOD MONDAY MORNING!!
Welcome back from the long weekend. Let’s be honest, how many have been active this weekend and I can feel laziness creeping in. But that’s why I am here. Let’s get you back on track. The idea is today to make you want to RUN..!!
For all of you telling me you wish you could run, today I’m trying to motivate you.
Let’s get real now. Most people start running often to lose weight. But it’s only after they start running and seeing the results that they start falling in love with it. ‘Falling in love’ with your fitness routine can happen.
Some people call it meditation, some say it freshens their brain and for some it gives a jump start to their day.
For all you fashionistas, I love the way I look in my running gear. Fit, lean and sporty. Also when I do lose all the weight, I love dressing myself up in all the skinny jeans and dresses that I had been eyeing for ages.
So to summarise on why you should like me fall in love with running;
- Morning run releases endorphins that keep you energized for the entire day
- You will never fall short of Vitamin D. Super essential for your body and bones.
- A fit body means a fit mind and positive thoughts.
- Running around nature can lift your spirits like nobody’s business
- It makes you stronger.
- You run and compete with only yourself. Even at the lowest speed, I feel it’s about running that extra mile than running fewer miles at a faster pace. But then it’s how you set your goals. If you’re good, there is always someone better than you and if you’re slow there is always someone who would be running behind you.
- I love getting medals at the end of races.It’s like school all over again and here you don’t have to be in top 3
- Setting new goals each time you achieve an old one keeps you motivated.
- Last but not the least, you are introduced into this new community of over enthusiastic achievers. You get to learn from them, be friends and they keep you humble. As I said there is always someone better than you.