My friend Ridhima(name changed) called me a few years back and told me that she had been unwell for some time and finally her condition was so bad that she was being hospitalised. Once she recovered, she moved to her mom’s place with the kids for a few weeks. I was a bit taken aback as the reaction she had was due to unhealthy lifestyle and the stress that she had been undergoing. Being a working mom, she had no respite, between home, office, travel and kids, she was not able to ever get off and relax. For years she had been coping until finally, her immune system collapsed and her body gave up. Doctor had advised her rest, stress free time and time away from work if she didn’t want it to become serious.
A Research Report on Working Millennial Mot2020′ that set out to understand everything from the food habits to fashion choices of urban mothers aged between 18 and 40, 85% interviewees admitted that they rarely or never cooked at home, while over two-thirds of the mothers said they always took care to ensure that they got good nutrition.
– Times Of India
Women, especially moms tend to ignore their needs and put family first. While it sounds very lovely and altruistic in theory, in the long run, they can suffer from many health issues and we all know that if the lady of the house is unwell, the whole house tends to go haywire. A mom’s immunity is as important as it is for the entire family. So, if not for your sake ladies, take care of your health for your family.
These simple changes in your lifestyle will help you;
Balanced Meal: Working Moms Health
- Always make sure you eat a balanced meal. In the Indian context, it is your regular dal, rice, roti, curd, coriander chutney, veggies and salads. Avoid the high sodium, preservative laden and junk foods. The body burns these foods laden with carbs and sugar faster than other nutrients which leaves you more tired.
Exercise Regularly:Working Moms Health
- Exercise regularly: Not only to stay healthy and fit but for that energy that you need to go through the day. Also, Endorphins keep you happy.
Supplement Your Food: Working Moms Health
- Make sure you supplement your food with the right nutrients. As the food we eat is not enough to meet our daily nutrient needs, it can lead to a weak immune system and if you are working out, you need to take care more. I, for one, have added Protinex Tasty Chocolate to my daily diet. Not only does it take care of your daily protein requirement gap but also has 10 essential nutrients like Vitamin B1 & B2 , Vitamin A,C, D, E, B12 & Folate to support immunity and Iron to maintain the normal function of the immune system. They have recently introduced their Zero Added Sugar variant which is great as I can avoid unnecessary sugar in my system, unlike other protein brands that contain quite an amount.
Avoid Distractions During Meals: Working Moms Health
- Don’t eat with distraction around, like watching TV or working, because then you will end up eating more and it affects your digestive powers.
Adequate Sleep: Working Moms Health
- Sleep for at least 8 hours. Or at least, make sure you have uninterrupted sleep to cope up with the next day. It is a great detox, it also increases your metabolism and works wonders for your mental health.
Planning : Working Moms And Why Their Health Needs To Be A Priority?
- Plan and organise your days, weeks in advance whether it is work or tasks at home. I have come to realise lists, decluttering and planning takes a lot of stress away.
Make Some Me Time: Working Moms Health
- Take some Me time. Between work and home and thousand other tasks in between, you don’t find time for just relaxing or doing things you like. Dedicate at least 30 minutes every day to just relaxing mentally. Whether it is coiling up with a book or having the cup of tea by yourself. This will help you clear up your mind.
Delegate Work: Working Moms Health
- Finally, learn to delegate. We, as women of the house, feel that we need to do everything ourselves. Not everything needs perfection and it’s not humanly possible for you to do everything on your own. Learn to assign tasks to all members of the family or you will end up like Ridhima.
Let’s learn to unwind, prioritize ourselves and start investing in our own health bit by bit. To know if you are missing any essential nutrients, try Protinex India’s innovative concept of the Immuno Nutrient Calculator on their website that helps you calculate the nutrient levels in your daily diet. They also offer FREE consultation and 30-day personalised diet plan by an expert nutritionist.
Click here to try it today – https://bit.ly/prernasinhaprotinex